1. Safely store your jewelry in pouches or boxes free from damp and extremes of heat or cold. (Preferably self sealing poly pouches or ziplock poly bags).
2. Silver has a natural tendency to oxidize when exposed to air. Try to pack in boxes or airtight bags to protect from dust and damage, this prevents silver from oxidizing. Avoid using velvet pouches or velvet boxes.
3. Silver, precious or semi-precious items need to be wrapped in acid-free tissue or cotton to keep away from dust and moisture.
4. Always put on jewelry on last when dressing to protect from makeup and hairspray that can contaminate your jewelry.
5. Keep your accessories away from water or other chemicals to avoid discoloration and tarnishing.
6. Gentle cleaning of jewelry occasionally to remove oils, dust or contamination can extend the life.